Schering-Plough Online Privacy Notice
|Effective: September 2007||Last updated: August 2008|
This notice provides highlights of the full
Schering-Plough Online Privacy Notice. and
applies to TRUSTe certified Schering-Plough Web
sites. To view a complete list of these validated
Schering-Plough Web sites, please click on the
- Generally, you can access and browse our Web sites without disclosing any Personal Information.
- If you request information, products or services from our Web sites or ask us to resolve complaints or concerns, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information and other identifying information necessary to fulfill a particular request.
- We will collect information from a visitor voluntarily through responses to surveys, assessment tools, questionnaires and search functions.
Uses and Disclosures
- We use the Personal Information you provide to fulfill your requests for information, products or services, and to provide you access to your registered accounts.
- We use the Personal Information you provide only for the purposes consistent with the reason you provided it.
- If you contact us to complain about a product, service or a particular practice, we may contact you for follow-up information and share your complaint with specific individuals within the company responsible for addressing your complaint.
- We do not sell, share or rent your Personal Information with third parties for marketing or secondary purposes or in ways other than disclosed in this privacy notice. We will share information with third parties who perform certain functions on our behalf and only to fulfill a specific function.
- Based on your preferences and the functionality of the Web sites you visit, we will personalize our sites to provide you with a customized interactive experience. We will also target our marketing and messaging on those sites based on information we obtain from you.
Choice and Access
Schering-Plough strives to keep your Personal Information accurate.
- You can access the Personal Information that has been collected from you through our Web sites. Once accessed, you can view, correct, delete inaccuracies or update your Personal Information online.
- If you subscribe to receive communications from us, you can also unsubscribe from optional and promotional communications you no longer wish to receive. We provide areas on our Web sites that enable you to unsubscribe from some or all communications. This may also be done through your online profile, if you have created one. Additionally, we provide instructions on how to unsubscribe within the email communications we send to you.
Security and Compliance
- We use reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or alteration.
- Encrypted data collection and transmission are used with sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card or account information, if required for use of a service on a Web site.
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from any person under the age of 13.
- We have agreed to TRUSTe dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance to this privacy notice. See Dispute Resolution
- We comply with all laws that require us to protect your Personal Information.
- Material changes to this Online Privacy
Notice will be indicated in this Notice
available on the Web site home page and other
places we deem appropriate to keep you informed
of our information practices.
If you desire to OPT-OUT from our optional or promotional communications to you or to access the Personal Information concerning you that has been collected through a Web site, please visit the Web site(s) where you provided Personal Information so that you may unsubscribe or update your online profile or in the unsubscribe instructions provided in an e-mail communication to you, as appropriate. Should you have difficulty opting-out from such communications or accessing your Personal Information, you can contact the Global Privacy Office, and we will forward your request to the appropriate business unit.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Online Privacy Notice, you should contact us at:
Global Privacy Office
2000 Galloping Hill Road,
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
or, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or, call us at 1-800-453-1298
Schering-Plough Corporation is a TRUSTe licensee and you may contact the Watchdog dispute resolution if a privacy issue is not satisfactorily addressed by us. Schering-Plough complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union
|© 2009 Schering-Plough||Legal Notice Forward-looking Statement Privacy Safe Harbor Contact||Schering-Plough Corporation|